1. OVER 100$ : If you are willing to splurge on a gift for a special person in your life, a watch is one of the best accessories out there. It has become a part of everyone’s life, that is functional and that adds a touch of fashion at the same time. There are a lot of options out there in the market that would suit anyone’s taste, but my choice as always falls on the DW watches, because I simply think they are an amazing value for money. These watches come in so many different designs, that you would definitely find the one for you. For all my readers, I have a special discount code “playingwithfashion” that would give you an instant 15% off your purchase. (the offer is valid till Jan 15) check their website www.danielwellington.com
2. OVER 50$ : If you are considering a mid-range gift idea, local designers are the perfect way to go. You can easily find affordable designs that are unique and gorgeous at the same time. There are a lot of young designers in the Lebanese Market, but my heart always falls for Roula Dfouni’s designs. I have been a massive fan of her collection from the very beginning and she never fails to disappoint with her creativity and desgins. Her rings range from 60$ till 110$. You can shop through her website (link here)
3. OVER 10$ : Accessories don’t have to be a very expensive gift, a lot of high-street shops carry amazing designs for very affordable prices. A necklace could be a perfect gift on its own or as a compliment to a bigger one. This season, accessories with marble are very in, and would be a perfect addition to any closet. I found this necklace in Pull&Bear in a set of 3 necklaces for an amazing price of 27,000 LL (around 20$).
Hope you enjoyed this post, and happy holiday shopping.
Monochromatic looks are all the range these days, where all the bloggers look absolutely fantastic in head-to-toe grey, black or white ensembles. You may think it is a very easy look to copy, since it is only one color, so how hard could that be? Well, let me assure you, that it is pretty hard. When building an outfit with one color only, you have to play with different other elements to bring interest to the look. From texture, to fabric to different degradation of color, a lot of things have to be taken into consideration to make “monochromatic” work.
For a color-loving girl, monochromatic looks are hard to apply, so I need to add a little bit of color to make them work for me. For this outfit, I paired a sleeveless wool jumper with a ruffled skirt, to play with textures and added some color with the sneakers and the bag. The colors are not too bold, so for me they still fit in the one-color category.
As a reminder, I have a lovely surprise to all of my readers. You can use the promocode “playingwithfashion” to get an instant 15% discount on your purchase during the holiday season (valid till January 15) through their website www.danielwellington.com . p.s. their shipping is worldwide. The model I’m wearing is Grace Glasgow 36mm watch. Happy Christmas Shopping.
What I Wore:
Top: Vero Moda | Skirt: Bershka | Sneakers: Adidas | Bag: ZARA | Necklace: Topshop
Here is my list of some sweet and perfect gifts for a lady in your life, whether it is your best friend, your girlfriend, your sister or even yourself (:P you have to treat yourself, too) from top to bottom.
- Cushions make a perfect gift for anyone, because simply everyone loves cushions, period. And when you add a rose gold one, then you have a winner 😀 . H&M home has a lot of different options and colors, but these 2 are my favorite. (sequins, quote)
- I love gifting books for birthdays and during Christmas, and this year, Garance Dore’s LovexStylexLife book is on top of my wishlist. I haven’t checked if it is already available in Lebanon, but I think by the end of this month, it would be. If you do not know who Garance is, then you have simply been living under the rock for the last 5 years and you can binge read her blog here. (link from Amazon, here)
- As a tea lover myself, I think a good quality tea set would be an amazing gift to any of your close friends. You can pick-up different flavors and tea-types that the other person would have never tried on her own, because there is more to tea than your regular earl grey and breakfast tea. My favorite is Kusmi Tea and especially the Russian Blend. You can find their store in ABC ashrafieh., or check them on their official website, here.
- We are all attached to our cellphones, more than 70% of our day, so a beautiful case would be a very thoughtful gift, since they would be looking at it every day and thinking of you. Gifting a designer case is a very good idea, since a person would rarely spend that amount of money on herself. I love this case from Marc Jacobs, since it is slightly transparent, thus allowing the color of your phone to shine (Iphone 6S holders, this is for you)
- You can never go wrong with a fancy Bath set as a gift, especially if it is from The White Company . They do the best luxurious body products in amazing minimalistic packaging. My favorite scent is the Seychelles. I highly recommend you pass by their store in Beirut City Center for many more scents, that would be a match to any girl’s taste. shop here.
- I know this is old news, but a scarf is always a good idea. Scarves come in so many textures, colors and fabrics that it never gets old. Plus, a girl can never have too many scarves, don’t you think? I fell in love with this patterned scarf from Mango, that would be a great addition to any girl’s closet. (did you know you can shop Mango online? shop here)
- Cute, animated, small clutches are all the rage these days and would add a lot of interest to any dark, monochromatic outfits during Winter and Fall seasons. I love this metallic clutch from the brand Ginger that could be found on namshi.com (they deliver for free to lebanon, amazing site, believe me).
- Metallic shades are so in these days, but not only in your outfits, so why not choose this gold coffee cup as a gift. Zara Home has a lot of choices, but this one is my favorite.
- I kept the best gift till the end. For the second year in a row, I chose a Daniel Wellington watch as the most special gift, since it is simply the best. This year my favorite design is the Grace Glasgow 36mm watch, I love its simplicity and minimalistic approach to instant chicness . And similar to last year, I have a lovely surprise to all of my readers. You can use the promocode “playingwithfashion” to get an instant 15% discount on your purchase during the holiday season (valid till January 15) through their website www.danielwellington.com . p.s. their shipping is worldwide.
During the Holidays, in addition to attending the different parties and events we have all the family and friends’ gatherings, where you just chill and enjoy the amazing company. In such situations you want to feel comfortable and cozy, but festive at the same time. Where dresses and skirts could come as a bit fussy, you could always go for a pair of Festive Shorts or Leggings. In this look, I have decided to pair these very comfortable shorts with a White Jumper for a black and white look. The scalloped edges of this sweater make the whole look a bit more different and edgy than a regular jumper. For the accessories, I went overboard with 3 different layered necklaces that created one huge one, and kept the rest very Solid and Modern with the leather DW watch and Roula Dfouni rings. Pairing this outfit with some flats would complete this look perfectly.
What I wore:
Top + Shorts + Flats: GS stores | Necklaces (from top to bottom): H&M, H&M, Topshop | Watch: Daniel Wellington | Rings: Roula Dfouni | Bracelet: Mukhi Sisters
I have exciting news to all my readers, the amazing people at Daniel Wellington prepared a special promo code “holidaymaya” to all of you who would like to order yourself, or as a gift a gorgeous Daniel Wellington Watch. With this promo code you would instantly get a 15% discount on your purchase, so why not check their website :: www.danielwellington.com and pamper yourself this holiday season. And as a special holiday offer: buy a leather watch of your choice and get 50% off NATO strap + free gift wrapping!
Enjoy your shopping
(the offer is valid till Dec.31)
Photos and Editing c/o Hamza Shamas
Don’t forget to FOLLOW Playing with Fashion through Social Media to never miss a post:
Finally it feels like Winter in Lebanon! The coats and the boots came out to play! For me, the colder weather is the best part of dressing up, it’s where the Fashion spirit really shines bright and lets every person express his style. There’s nothing better than spending time, all cozied up under your favorite blanket and drinking hot chocolate, but there are so many things to do out there, so don’t let a little rain or snow scare you away. Just fight back with a little Color and Sass!
That’s exactly what I did with this outfit, I paired my very girly and colorful skirt with a jumper and some funky polka-dots tights and I felt so much better. Get those colorful pieces out of your closet and live the winter in the Rainbow Nation.
What I Wore:
Jumper: H&M | Skirt: Promod | Coat: American Eagle Outfitters | Tights: Calzedonia | Boots: Promod | Necklace: Jack Gifts | Watch: Daniel Wellington
I have exciting news to all my readers, the amazing people at Daniel Wellington prepared a special promo code “holidaymaya” to all of you who would like to order yourself, or as a gift a gorgeous Daniel Wellington Watch. With this promo code you would instantly get a 15% discount on your purchase, so why not check their website :: www.danielwellington.com and pamper yourself this holiday season. (the offer is valid till Dec.31st)
pictures c/o Hamza Shamas